We are Halloween people and usually we start our Halloween preparations at least a week or more before the big event. This year we’ve been so busy it was tempting to just carve a single pumpkin and buy candies – c’est tout! We just can’t do it! We even tried to put out just a few things – can’t do that either. Wednesday is Halloween and we’re just getting everything up tonight only to be taken down in a couple of days. In the midst of all the preparations, my oldest decides to make chocolate chip cookies for the gang that’s coming over Halloween night. I’m thinking there will be enough candy and chocolate bars to last us until next year! He insisted and rather than complain about the mess – I said go for it! Tomorrow I’ve got one big pot of chilli to cook and a house to clean. I can leave the dust because dust and Halloween go together. Lots of work but look at those smiles, makes it all worth it…Wishing everyone has a safe and fun Halloween..
a friend who cares,
a friend to laugh with when there’s not a care in the world,
a shoulder to cry on when there are too many cares,
for a time I believed that you were just that friend,
but anger, envious and jealousy,
you’ve let move in,
always worried about what the other has or hasn’t,
instead of seeing the beauty
that exists within,
there is no talking or changing,
your very stubborn mind,
it’s time to move on,
forget, forgive and let live,
however, the friendship I thought we shared,
like an elastic,
has been stretched too thin,
just like the saying goes,
reasons, seasons and lifetime,
only time will tell,
which friendship ours is….
I enjoy thrifting but have to admit that it’s hard for me to see beyond what I’m seeing. There are people out there who can look at a piece of junk furniture or an item like a sheet and design something fabulous. Not me – the sheet stays the sheet and the junk furniture stays the junk furniture. But I admire people who possess the kind of talent that can create something from nothing. I follow a blog called “Life as a thrifter” and this lady does some pretty amazing things with junk or forgotten items. When the boys were young, like all children, they loved to hide and pretend they were away at a camp or in a fort. I remember using an old sheet and moving a table to the middle of the room and draping the sheet over the table so the boys could create a fort under the table. Kept them busy for hours, they played lego under the table, they read books under the table and they also made the fort home base for hide and seek. Now I thought I was pretty imaginative but take a look what “life as a thrifter” did with a sheet to make a fort – can’t believe I never thought of this one because the damn sheet would never stay on the table and being me I duct taped the sheet to stay in place, which only lasted so long! All pictures are from life as a thrifter as I don’t possess the kind of talent to take these pictures!
“Life as a thrifter” check it out. My boys are too old now for this amazing fort but for those of you who still have young children what a treat…
I’ve been following rejuvenation for a little while – the blog offers really good tips for healthy calm living. “Trust” is from this blog – I have an issue with the word trust and it’s hard for me not to worry.
I’ve been collecting and creating for many years affirmations and statements on the word ‘trust”. Thought you might be curious as to some of my favourites so I’ve shared them below.
Fingers crossed that one or more resonates with you and offers the perfect inspiration or at the very least a moment of comfort. Enjoy beautiful friends as life is all about sharing.
1. Give yourself permission to trust. Know its safe to trust.
2. TRUST you don’t need to know all the answers right now.
3. Trust. You can breathe deeply into any worrying thought or situation. Soon things will start to dissolve and shift with the spaciousness you give it.
4. Trust in the 3 taps theory. If you’ve heard or read about something or someone three times, then trust the universe is trying to get your attention.
5. Your ability to profoundly relax is in direction proportion to TRUST DEEPLYin your unique flow in life.
6. Don’t worry, plan or over think. Trust there is divine timing for everything. Simply hold the space in the palm of your hands in complete knowing.
7. Words, silent or spoken have an energy flowing through them. Your words create and therefore matter. Repeating the word “I trust” will trigger a positive chain reaction.
8. If you are pushing or forcing a situation perhaps you are unintentionally blocking support from the universe. Trust.
9. Trust. Stop forcing things to go your way. It interrupts the flow of a magical life.
10. When nothing is working. Do nothing. It creates the space for flow to happen again. Trust.
12. Welcome the unknown. Simply Trust.
Peace, love and chocolate, Carole
Email me anytime: healthylivinglounge(at)gmail.com
This salad is delicious – haven’t posted a recipe in a while because I’m too busy cooking, cleaning and trying to get to bed early so I can get my beauty sleep – but this recipe is a keeper and I found it on food.com – amazing website – double click on the heading apple spinach salad below for a great recipe. If you don’t like blue cheese, like my children, substitute the blue cheese for cheddar curds – tasted wonderful… Enjoy!