It’s been a while since I’ve posted a recipe – this recipe is so easy and quick. I’m all about easy and quick!
Note: If desired, you can substitute approximately 12-16 chicken breast tenders (tenderloins) in lieu of the whole chicken breasts.
4 boneless chicken
2 teaspoons lemon-peper seasoning
1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup chicken broth
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 teaspoons of butter
On a hard surface with meat mallet, lightly pound chicken to 1/4-inch. To minimize the mess, place the breasts/tenders in a zipper-lock bag (unsealed) before pounding (if doing so, ONLY use a flat-surface mallet — not one with ridges).
Sprinkle lemon-pepper seasoning evenly on both sides of chicken. Press to adhere.
In a large frying pan, pour oil and heat to medium temperature. Add chicken breasts and cook, turning once, about 7 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease. If substituting tenders, cook approximately 2-3 minutes per side, or until done.
Remove chicken to warm serving platter (keep warm). In medium bowl, mix together vinegar, broth and garlic; add to frying pan. Cook over medium-high heat (scraping up brown meat bits) about 2-4 minutes or until mixture is reduced and syrupy.
Add butter; stir to melt.
Place chicken on serving dish and spoon sauce over chicken.
Garnish with parsley sprigs and cherry tomatoes.
My notes: I added a bit of dijon mustard to the balsamic vinegar mix and cut up some fresh chives and oregano to add to the cherry tomatoes and parsley sprig mixture on top
I love the sound of Moroccan and love the food even more. A few dishes I made this past weekend and I think the recipes are worth sharing – just in time for grilling weather.
Grilled Moroccan Chicken
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup chopped scallion (white part only)
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 boneless chicken breasts
- Combine olive oil, scallions, parsley, cilantro, garlic, paprika, cumin, salt, turmeric and cayenne pepper in the container of a food processor.
- Process until smooth
- Rub the mixture on both sides of the chicken breast and let stand 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium hot and grill chicken breasts 5 – 7 minutes on each side, or until done.
- Recipe taken from food.com/moroccan chicken
Serve the chicken with:
Black Bean and Couscous Salad
Makes 10 Servings
1 cup uncooked couscous
1 1/4 cups chicken broth
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
8 green onions, chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
2(15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
salt and pepper
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a 2 quart or larger sauce pan and stir in couscous.
- Cover the pot and remove from the heat
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, vinegar and cumin.
- Add green onions, red pepper, cilantro, corn, beans and toss to coat
- Fluff the couscous well breaking up any chunks.
- Add to the bowl with the vegetables and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve at once or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe from food.com/black bean couscous salad