Found this recipe on High Walls – I love berries and vanilla ice cream. I haven’t made this yet but it’s a no brainer. I’m positive the pie is delicious – after all it contains two very important ingredients for awesomeness – fat and sugar! Enjoy – picture makes me want to eat it up..
MIXED BERRY PIE (Recipe from High Walls )
1 packet of Nice Biscuits
1 cup of butter
1/3 cup of sugar
1 pint of vanilla ice cream
1 packet of frozen mixed berries
1. Place the biscuits in a food processor and blitz until reduced to crumbs. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Along with the sugar (you can omit the sugar if you prefer).
2. Melt the butter and allow to cool slightly before using. Add gradually to the crumb mixture, mixing as you go until the mixture starts to clump together. (you may not need all the butter)
3. Press the mixture evenly into a pie or tart tin, pushing up at the sides and smoothing the bottom. The mixture should come together as you press down. Place in the freezer to set for 30 – 40 minutes.
4. Meanwhile allow the vanilla ice cream to soften in a large bowl. Place the 3/4 of the frozen berries in a food processor and pulse a few times to break down into smaller pieces.
5. Mix the berries (and any juices) into the softened ice cream. If you are feeling it, add in some finely chopped chocolate as well.
6. Remove the crust from the freezer and fill with the ice cream and berries. Ensure that the crust is completely filled and smooth down the top. Wrap in plastic wrap and return to the freezer for at least an hour.
7. To serve, remove the pie from the freezer and allow to sit to soften slightly before cutting into slices. Top with the remaining frozen berries and dust with icing sugar if you so desire.